Post the launch of the State of Aadhaar Report 2017-18 in May 2018, IDinsight hosted a panel discussion on June 7th on the policy implications emerging from its report. The panelists at the event included:
- Bindu Ananth, Chair, Dvara Trust
- CV Madhukar, Global Digital ID Lead, Omidyar Network
- Elizabeth Bennett, Senior Manager, IDinsight
- Reetika Khera, Professor, IIM Ahmedabad
- Sunil Jain, Managing Editor, Financial Express
- Zoheb Hossain, Counsel for UIDAI in the Supreme Court
A wide variety of themes were examined during the course of the discussion – findings from the State of Aadhaar Report 2017-18, role of Aadhaar in PDS, role of Aadhaar in financial inclusion, privacy concerns arising from Aadhaar, and other emerging recommendations from the report.
In case you missed it, here is a short video summarising the event.